Balsamic Steak with Garlic Zucchini
Seared steak, tender zucchini, and a sweet, tangy sauce share the spotlight in this one-skillet dinner.
Everyday Food, September 2012
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into thin half-moons
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add garlic and zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and saute until zucchini is tender and browned in spots, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet. Season steak with salt and pepper and cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and loosely tent with foil.
- Discard fat from skillet, then add vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper. Cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Slice steak; add any accumulated juices from steak to skillet and stir to combine. Drizzle steak with sauce and serve alongside zucchini.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.