Stracciatella with Brown Rice
Martha Stewart Living, September 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Makes 5 cups
- 5 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups cooked long-grain brown rice (from about 2/3 cup uncooked)
- 4 cups spinach (about 1/2 pound), trimmed and washed
- 1 1/2 ounces Pecorino-Romano cheese, finely grated (1 1/2 cups), divided
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten well
- Bring broth and rice to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Stir in spinach, half the cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Using a circular motion, pour eggs into soup in a steady stream, trying to evenly distribute them on surface. Return soup to a simmer, and cook until eggs are set, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Divide among 4 soup bowls. Top with remaining cheese, and season with pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.