Cheeses with Fennel-Infused Honey and Fruit
Cheeses taste best at room temperature, so remove them from the refrigerator one to two hours before serving. To preserve their textures, unwrap the cheeses just before serving.
Photography: Johnny Miller
Martha Stewart Living, September 2012
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 4 hours 5 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/3 cup clover honey
- 8 ounces triple-creme cheese, such as La Tur
- 8 ounces soft blue cheese, such as Fourme d'Ambert
- 12 ounces late-summer fruit, such as figs or plums
- 1 baguette
- Toast fennel seeds in a small saute pan until just fragrant. Remove from heat, and stir in honey. Let cool, and transfer to a 4-ounce glass jar. Let honey infuse at least 4 hours; honey can be stored up to 3 weeks (the longer the honey is allowed to infuse, the more intense the flavor will become).
- Arrange cheeses, fennel-infused honey, and fruit on a serving platter. Slice bread thinly, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.