Serve this cocktail with salted toasted almonds or a rich, garlicky cured sausage such as saucisson sec.
Photography: Johnny Miller
Martha Stewart Living, September 2012
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 6
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 1 navel orange, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 18 ounces Dubonnet Rouge or other sweet fortified red wine, chilled
- 12 ounces seltzer, chilled
- Gently muddle basil and orange with a wooden spoon or muddler until basil is barely bruised but fragrant. Stir in wine, and let sit at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Divide among 6 ice-filled glasses. Top each with 2 ounces seltzer, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.