With this sling, toting a woven mat (or a yoga mat or towel) is effortless. Cotton clothesline or any thick cord will work.
- Loop a long piece of clothesline once around the mat, near 1 end; the shorter end of the clothesline should be about 1 1/2 feet. Tie clothesline in a double knot.
- Run the longer end of clothesline along the length of mat. Holding that section of line in place, make another loop around mat, near the opposite end.
- Tie a double knot.
- Gather the 2 ends of clothesline together. Holding the lines together, as if they were 1 strand, tie them in a knot to make a sling. Trim ends as needed.
- Clothesline: Ace multipurpose cotton clothesline, amazon.com
- Woven mat, yoga mat, or towel: Rattan mat, 52" by 72", pearlriver.com
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.