Martha Stewart Living, August 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours
- Yield Makes 2 cups
Serves 6 to 8
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 3 cups diced white onion (from 1 large onion)
- 3 fresh poblano chiles, seeds and ribs removed, diced (3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, toasted and coarsely ground
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cayenne pepper, for sprinkling
- Cut-up cucumbers, jicama, and radishes, or chips, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, chiles, coriander, and 1 teaspoon salt. Saute, stirring occasionally, until onion and chiles are tender and caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Stir together lime juice, cream cheese, and sour cream in a large bowl, using a rubber spatula, until smooth. Stir in onion mixture. Season with salt if necessary. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 1 day. Sprinkle with cayenne. Serve with cut-up vegetables or chips.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.