On the outside, pumpkin invites bear a greeting; pull up on the pumpkin top to reveal the party details.
- To make invitations, color-photocopy clip art (pumpkin top and pumpkin bottom) onto matte heavyweight paper.
- Using a bone folder, score center of pumpkin shape along dotted line; fold in half.
- Cut out pumpkin. Use a craft knife to cut along the sides of the insert (a straightedge will help make perfectly straight cuts). Score along dotted line, and fold in half.
- Secure halves together using an adhesive dispenser or glue stick. Cut out top edge.
- Place insert on open pumpkin, aligning top. Trace insert with a pencil.
- Apply adhesive around outline, about 1/4 inch from pencil mark; close pumpkin.
- Write invitation details on pumpkin insert.
- Pumpkin Top template
- Pumpkin Bottom template
- Matte heavyweight paper
- Bone folder
- Craft knife
- Adhesive dispenser or glue stick
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.