Champagne-And-Orange Granita Cocktail
Martha Stewart Living, August 2012
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 3 hours 20 minutes
- Serves 16
- 4 1/2 cups fresh orange juice (from 14 oranges)
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- Elderflower liqueur, such as St-Germain
- 2 bottles (750 mL each) Champagne
- Combine orange juice and sugar, and stir until sugar dissolves. Transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish. Freeze, scraping around sides and breaking any lumps with a fork every 30 minutes, until evenly frozen, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Cover with plastic wrap. Granita can be made 1 day ahead and kept in freezer until ready to serve.
- Spoon 1/2 cup granita into each of 12 glasses, and add 1/2 teaspoon liqueur. Top off with Champagne.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.