Deviled Quail Eggs with Caviar
Martha Stewart Living, August 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
Yield Makes 24
- 12 quail eggs
- 1 tablespoon <u>Homemade Mayonnaise</u> or high-quality store-bought mayonnaise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces salmon roe (<a href="http://russanddaughters.com" target="_blank">russanddaughters.com</a>)
- 3 ounces black caviar (<a href="http://russanddaughters.com" target="_blank">russanddaughters.com</a>)
- 24 Crostini
- Place quail eggs in a medium saucepan, and cover with several inches cold water. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn off heat, and let sit 2 minutes, stirring several times to ensure even cooking. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water, and let cool completely, about 5 minutes. Remove eggs, 1 at a time, and pat dry with paper towels. Peel eggs, and halve lengthwise. Remove yolks, and reserve whites.
- Mash yolks with mayonnaise, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in lemon juice.
- Fill each egg-white half with 1/4 teaspoon caviar. Place a dab of egg-yolk mixture on each crostini, and place an egg half on top. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.