Martha Stewart Living, August 2012
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 5 minutes
Yield Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine egg, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and the salt in a blender, and blend at lowest speed.
- With blender still running, add remaining olive oil and the safflower oil in a slow, steady stream, and blend until incorporated (if you prefer a thicker mayonnaise, blend 10 seconds more at a higher speed).
- Transfer mayonnaise to a bowl, and stir in lemon juice. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 2 days.
Note: The egg in this recipe is not cooked.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.