Harissa-Spiced Barbecue Sauce
Martha Stewart Living, August 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
Yield Makes 3 cups
- 2 1/3 cups ketchup
- 1 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 to 2 tablespoons harissa (North African chili sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 20 to 30 minutes. Sauce can be refrigerated 1 day.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.