Make one batch with white balsamic vinegar for the beet-and-onion salad, and another with lemon juice for the beans and artichokes.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
Yield Makes 1 cup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot (optional for vinegar variation)
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons)
- 3/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Whisk together mustard, sugar, and shallot if using. Whisk in vinegar or lemon juice, then oil in a slow, steady stream. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.