Martha Stewart Living, August 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 12
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups minced onion (from 1 onion)
- 3 cups long-grain white rice
- Coarse salt
- 3 cups diced zucchini (from 2 zucchini)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, dill, and chervil
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice and 2 teaspoons salt. Stir rice until coated with oil, then cook 1 minute. Add 4 1/2 cups water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, about 16 minutes. Turn off heat. Let rice stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add zucchini, and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain.
- Add zucchini and herbs to rice, and fluff with a fork.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.