Tools and Materials
- Black envelopes, from Create for Less
- White envelopes, from Create for Less
- Disposable foam plates
- Craft knife, by Martha Stewart Crafts, from Michaels or marthastewartcrafts.com
- Foam board or corrugated cardboard
- Small foam edge roller (06901-5175), from Blick Art Materials
- Acrylic paint in black and white
- Decorative-edge shears (optional), from Create for Less
Stamped Halloween Treat Bags How-To
1. Print and photocopy Halloween templates from our gallery, resizing them if desired. (Or use your own favorite images as stamps.) Use the templates to draw shapes on the flat centers of disposable foam plates; cut out with a utility knife. Use spray adhesive to attach each shape to a square of foam board or corrugated cardboard.
2. Seal plain paper envelopes, then snip off one end with decorative-edge shears to create the opening for the top of the bag. With a small foam edge roller from the paint store, coat the raised shape you created in Step 1 evenly with acrylic paint in a color opposite to the bag (use another foam plate as a roller tray). Then press the inked stamp in position wherever you want the image to appear. If you are layering images, for example, stamping a black bat over a white moon, let the first stamped image dry a bit before adding the second.