Savory Corn Pudding
Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2012
- 8 ears corn
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Grate corn into a medium bowl. In a large heavy pot, cook bacon over medium-high until crisp. With tongs, transfer to paper towels to drain. Add onion to pot and cook until soft, 8 minutes.
- Add corn and accumulated juices and cook 5 minutes. Slowly stir in milk and cook until thick and creamy, about 2 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and red-pepper flakes. Crumble bacon over corn mixture and top with basil.
Good with ...
Fried chicken, ribs, turkey burgers
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.