Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2012
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup raspberries
- Sanding sugar (optional)
- Whipped cream and berries, for serving
- In a food processor, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Transfer to a bowl and stir in cream, buttermilk, and raspberries until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Divide dough into 8 portions and shape into rounds. Place, 1 1/2 inches apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with sanding sugar, if desired, and freeze 15 minutes. Bake until golden brown and set, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely on sheet on a wire rack. To serve, halve and fill with whipped cream and berries.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.