Cheesy Chive Bread
Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 loaf rustic bread
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with rack in upper third. Make deep, even cuts into bread, about 3/4 inch apart, without cutting through bottom. Stir together butter, Parmesan, lemon zest, and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Spread mixture evenly between cuts, wrap loaf tightly in parchment-lined foil, and bake until butter is melted and crust is crisp, about 15 minutes. Unwrap and let cool slightly before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.