Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
Yield Makes 6
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch mint, tough stems removed, 6 sprigs reserved for serving
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 1/4 cups white rum
- In a blender, in batches, puree watermelon. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a liquid-measuring cup, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible (about 3 cups); discard solids.
- In a large container, combine mint, sugar, and lime. With the back of a wooden spoon, crush mint and lime until sugar is dissolved. Add watermelon juice and rum, fill container with ice, and stir to combine. Serve over more ice with mint sprigs.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.