Mojo Pork Kebabs
Garlic and citrus give Cuban mojo (pronounced MO-ho) its kick. Also try it with scallops or chicken kebabs.
Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2012
- Prep Time 40 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes + marinating
- Yield Serves 4 to 6
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for grill
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (from 2 oranges), plus 1 orange, cut into 16 pieces
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 2 pounds total), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large English cucumber, cut into 1-inch rounds
- Salt and pepper
- In a small pot, combine oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes over medium-low. Cook until garlic is soft, 15 minutes, swirling occasionally. Remove from heat, stir in lime and orange juices, and let cool 15 minutes.
- In a zip-top bag, toss pork with half the marinade and refrigerate at least 30 minutes (or up to 12 hours); refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Thread pork, orange, and cucumber onto skewers. Season with salt and pepper. Grill kebabs 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium. Brush with reserved marinade and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.