Emeril's Grilled Chicken Thighs and Garden Salsa
The season's best veggies shine in a fresh salsa to serve on flavorful grilled chicken -- the perfect dish for an alfresco family dinner. Emeril says, "Summer never tasted so good!"
Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2012
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes + marinating
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for grill
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced small
- 1 small zucchini, diced small
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced small
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- In a large zip-top bag, toss chicken with 1/2 cup oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, garlic, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Refrigerate 2 hours (or overnight).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini, bell pepper, and chives. Let salsa sit at room temperature 2 hours (or refrigerate in an airtight container overnight; let come to room temperature before serving).
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Remove chicken from marinade, scraping off any garlic. Season with salt and grill until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Serve topped with salsa.
You can prep the chicken and make the salsa the night before or in the morning. Put the chicken and marinade in the bag and let kids give it a shake to coat.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.