- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound skirt steak, cut against the grain into thin strips
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- 2 cups cooked rice, for serving
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add steak and cook, stirring, until browned, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer steak to a plate. Add green beans, ginger, and garlic and cook, stirring, until green beans are crisp-tender, 5 minutes. Return beef and any juices to pan along with fish sauce and basil. Cook 1 minute. Serve with rice.
Cook's NoteEasy Freeze
Place steak in the freezer for 15 minutes before slicing. The meat will firm up so you can cut it into perfectly thin strips.