Pork Medallions with Blackberry Chutney
Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2012
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch slices and flattened slightly with your palm
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium. Saute shallots until tender, 8 minutes. Add vinegar, brown sugar, and blackberries and cook until mixture is syrupy and some of the berries have collapsed, 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, season pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high. Add half the pork and cook until golden brown and cooked through, flipping once, about 8 minutes. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon butter and pork. Serve pork topped with chutney.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.