Red, White, and Blueberry Pops
These patriotic treats are perfect for the Fourth of July, but you can also make them with other berries or fruit.
Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2012
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes + freezing
- Yield Makes 6 to 8
- 2 cups halved hulled strawberries
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons lime juice (from 3 limes), divided
- 1/2 cup full-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- In a blender, combine strawberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice. Puree, scraping down sides as needed. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids; discard solids. Divide puree among six 4-ounce or eight 3-ounce ice-pop molds. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, cream, and 2 tablespoons each sugar and lime juice. Remove molds from freezer and top with yogurt mixture; insert ice-pop sticks. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- In clean blender, puree blueberries, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice. Pour through clean sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids; discard solids. Remove molds from freezer and top with blueberry puree. Freeze until solid, 6 hours more (or up to 1 week). Just before serving, briefly run molds under hot water to release pops.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.