Heart-in-the-Fold Valentine's Day Card
This folded heart opens to look like a flower in bloom.
- Start with a square piece of patterned paper. Fold in half vertically, and unfold. Fold in half horizontally, and unfold.
- Turn paper over. Fold in half diagonally, and unfold.
- Turn paper over again. Bring corners of diagonal fold up to meet each other, holding them together with your thumb and forefinger. With other hand, press sides in to form a diamond shape.
- Print template for heart onto card stock, and cut out.
- Line up template point with folded point of diamond; trace, and cut out top of heart.
- Use craft glue to mount back of heart onto card stock. Inscribe with message inside.
- Heart template
- Decorative paper, such as origami paper
- Card stock
- Craft glue
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.