Monogram Twin Beds
Use the darkest veneer for the surname initial to create a strong frame for the interlocking letters.
- Print out monogram letters, enlarging as desired.
- Tape each letter over desired shade of veneer. On cutting mat, cut out letters with craft knife, using ruler as a guide.
- Place surname initial on work surface. Center remaining letters on it, one underneath, the other on top, interlocking if possible; secure at intersections with tape.
- Measure to center of headboard, and mark; attach monogram with tape to check placement. Remove monogram, brush back side with thin layer of rubber cement, and replace. Smooth with palm, and let dry.
- Monogram templates
- Double-sided tape
- Wood veneer in dark, medium, and light shades; wisewoodveneer.com
- Cutting mat
- Craft knife
- Nonskid ruler
- Rubber contact cement
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.