Martha Stewart Living, July 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 8 to 10
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen sour cherries, pitted
- 16 ounces London dry gin
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 4 lemons)
- 1 bottle (750 mL) chilled dry rose wine
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Bring sugar and 3/4 cup water to a boil in a small pot. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and let cool. Simple syrup can be refrigerated up to 2 weeks.
- Combine syrup, cherries, and gin in a 3-quart pitcher, and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours. Stir in lemon juice and wine. Serve over ice, and garnish with lemon slices.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.