Martha Stewart Living, July 2012
- Prep Time 1 hour
- Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
- Yield Makes 10
- Coarse salt
- 3 pounds unpeeled medium shrimp
- 1/3 cup finely chopped scallions (white and pale-green parts only), plus 2 tablespoons scallion greens thinly sliced on bias (from 7 scallions)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced on bias (2 cups), inner leaves reserved, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 10 split-top hot dog buns
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high, and add shrimp. Poach until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes (the water should never return to a boil). Drain shrimp, and spread on baking sheet; let cool. When no longer steaming, refrigerate to cool completely, about 40 minutes. Peel and devein shrimp. Shrimp can be refrigerated up to 1 day.
- Mix together chopped scallions, tarragon, lemon zest and juice, and mayonnaise. Stir in shrimp, sliced celery, and 1 teaspoon salt. Refrigerate until cold, at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Preheat a griddle or grill to medium-high heat. Brush butter on inside surface of each bun. Place buns on griddle or grill, buttered sides down, and toast until golden brown or lightly charred.
- Divide shrimp mixture among buns. Top with celery leaves and scallion greens.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.