Grilled Cubanelles, Tomatoes, and Scallions
Martha Stewart Living, July 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 8
- Safflower oil, for grill
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 Cubanelle peppers
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat a grill to medium-high, and brush grates with safflower oil. Soak 4 pieces of kitchen twine in water. Separate scallions into 4 smaller bunches; secure with twine. Brush scallions, tomatoes, and peppers with olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cut sides of tomatoes with sugar.
- Grill vegetables, turning occasionally, until tender and well charred, 5 to 6 minutes for scallions and tomatoes and about 10 minutes for peppers.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.