Photography: Gabriela Herman
Martha Stewart Living, July 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 8
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary or thyme leaves
- Place potatoes in a large pot, and cover with water. Add enough salt so that the water tastes like the ocean, about 2 tablespoons. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add potatoes in 1 layer (do in batches if necessary, adding more oil if needed). Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-high, and saute, turning, until potatoes are brown on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes. Add herbs, and saute 1 or 2 minutes, tossing frequently. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.