Pan-Roasted Romanesco Cauliflower with Peas
Chris Fischer uses Romanesco cauliflower, which has green florets, for this recipe. If you can't find it at your farmers' market, substitute regular cauliflower.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2012
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds baby Romanesco cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch slices through the stem
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup shelled fresh garden peas (from about 1 pound in pod) or 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Place cauliflower, flat side down, in pan, and cook until golden on underside, about 8 minutes.
- Flip cauliflower, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender and golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add lemon juice and peas, and cook until peas are tender. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.