Pan-Roasted Romanesco Cauliflower with Peas
Chris Fischer uses Romanesco cauliflower, which has green florets, for this recipe. If you can't find it at your farmers' market, substitute regular cauliflower.
Photography: Gabriela Herman
Martha Stewart Living, July 2012
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds baby Romanesco cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch slices through the stem
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup shelled fresh garden peas (from about 1 pound in pod) or 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Place cauliflower, flat side down, in pan, and cook until golden on underside, about 8 minutes.
- Flip cauliflower, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender and golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add lemon juice and peas, and cook until peas are tender. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.