Cucumber, Yogurt, and Horseradish Soup
Martha Stewart Living, July 2012
- 2 small seedless cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh horseradish
- Freshly ground pepper
- Grated lemon zest and thinly sliced cucumber (optional)
- Cut cucumbers into large chunks. Puree half the cucumber with yogurt, lemon zest, and horseradish in a blender until just smooth. Add remaining cucumber, and pulse until chunky, about 4 times. Season with pepper. Refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour. Stir well, and garnish with grated lemon zest and thinly sliced cucumber, if desired, before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.