Green rice goes well with fish tacos, kebabs, or grilled chicken.
Everyday Food, May 2010
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving (optional)
- In a blender, combine cilantro, parsley, onion, garlic, and 1 3/4 cups water. Season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth, 15 seconds.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add rice and stir to coat. Add herb mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes. Add lime juice and fluff with a fork. Serve rice with lime wedges if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.