Curried Chickpea-Yogurt Dip
Everyday Food, June 2012
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup lime juice (from 2 limes)
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced cucumbers and yogurt, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high. Add onion and saute until translucent, 6 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup water, scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor; add chickpeas, yogurt, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper and puree. Serve with a dollop of yogurt and sliced cucumbers.
To store, refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.