- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 2 halved red or yellow bell peppers
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large naan
- 6 ounces shredded provolone
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- Olive oil
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium; clean and lightly oil hot grill. Brush peppers with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, until lightly charred and tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, and thinly slice.
- Working in batches if necessary, grill naan until undersides begin to char, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and immediately top with provolone, peppers, Parmesan, and red-pepper flakes if using. Season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook until cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with oregano and serve.
From the Bread Aisle
Any ready-made flatbread can be put to use as instant pizza crust -- try Indian naan, whole-grain pita, or flavored bread for a little extra zest.