Chicken and Snap Peas
When time is tight, nothing beats a 30-minute meal made in a single skillet.
Everyday Food, June 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds chicken pieces, patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound snap peas
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large skillet, heat oil over high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook, skin side down, until deep golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Flip chicken and remove pan from heat. Tilt pan slightly and carefully remove fat with a spoon. Return pan to heat and add garlic, vinegar, sugar, and red-pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then transfer pan to oven. Bake 17 minutes. Add snap peas and half the basil and bake 5 minutes more. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining basil, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.