Recycle broken necklaces and bracelets to embellish your handmade sparkly tiaras. This simple how-to makes a great activity for a little girl's birthday party.
Photography: Rob Tannenbaum
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2012
- Punch corner of metallic paper with corner punch; punch along each side with edge punch. Cut off straight edge to make a triangle.
- Find and mark center of headband and edge-punched corner. Line up marks and tack with glue where lines meet. Continue to glue down both sides of paper to inside of headband.
- Hot-glue embellishments to outside of headband and paper.
- Punch-around-the-page punch set
- Metallic paper
- Craft knife or scissors
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Plain plastic or metal headband
- Embellishments such as rhinestones, metallic/glitter trim, or broken jewelry
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.