Prepare this Lemon Puree recipe for David Chang's Pan-Fried Soft-Shell Crab dish.
The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 7136
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup freshly grated lemon zest (from about 12 lemons)
- 1 1/2 cups lemon flesh, peel pith, and seeds removed (from about 5 lemons)
- Place sugar and 2 1/8 cups water in a pressure cooker; heat over low heat and cook, stirring, to dissolve sugar. Add lemon zest and flesh to pressure cooker and cover. Bring to 15 PSI (or 2nd ring on most cookers).
- Once pressure is reached, set a timer for 35 minutes; reduce heat to maintain pressure. Do not overpressure. Swirl contents periodically to avoid burning. Strain to remove any seeds.
- Transfer zest and flesh to the jar of a blender; add 3/4 cup liquid and puree until smooth. Let cool completely before using.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.