Blueberry Dutch Pancakes
To make four individual pancakes, you will need four little cast-iron skillets, 6 1/4 inches to 6 1/2 inches in diameter. You can use one 12-inch cast-iron skillet instead; it will take about 20 minutes to bake.
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Martha Stewart Living, June 2012
- Prep Time 8 minutes
- Total Time About 30 minutes
Yield Makes 4 individual pancakes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup blueberries, plus more for topping
- Confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Blend together eggs, milk, flour, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and salt in a blender.
- Heat four 6 1/4- to 6 1/2-inch cast-iron skillets over high heat. Divide butter among them, and melt. Divide batter among them, then scatter with berries. Bake until puffed and cooked through and tops are set, 15 to 18 minutes. Top with berries, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.