Bourbon-Glazed Smoked Pork Chops
Martha Stewart Living, June 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 6
- 6 smoked bone-in pork rib chops (1/2 inch thick; 1 pound total)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- Place pork chops on a paper-towel-lined tray, and pat dry. Combine mustard and cayenne pepper, and evenly season chops. Stir together sugar, bourbon, and 2 tablespoons water.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Sear pork chops in batches until browned, about 2 minutes on each side (turn heat down if necessary to keep browned bits from burning). Remove chops from pan, and lower heat. Add bourbon mixture, scrape up browned bits with a wooden spoon, and cook for 30 seconds, until reduced to a glaze. Return chops to pan, and cook, flipping, until chops are warmed through and completely glazed, about 1 minute.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.