- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 cups torn escarole (from 1 head)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, with rack in upper third. On a floured work surface, roll out dough to a 17-inch-long rectangle. Transfer to a broiler-proof rimmed baking sheet and top with mozzarella, onion, and bacon; season with salt and pepper. Bake until dough is cooked through and edges are golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Top pizza with escarole, drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Broil until escarole is wilted and slightly charred in spots, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Sprinkling cornmeal on your baking sheet will help prevent sticking and add crunch to the crust.