Tortellini Soup with Peas and Spinach
Store-bought fresh pasta meets homemade stock in this quick soup.
Everyday Food, May 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 15 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 ounces baby spinach, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Grated Parmesan and lemon wedges, for serving
- In a medium pot, bring stock to a boil over high. Add tortellini and cook 2 minutes less than package instructions. Add peas and spinach and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Serve with Parmesan and lemon wedges.
To make chicken stock, bring chicken bones and 9 cups water to a boil over high. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, 1 1/2 hours. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, discard solids.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.