- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound short pasta, such as gemelli
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 8 ounces snap peas, halved
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces Parmesan, grated (3/4 cup)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta and garlic 1 minute less than package instructions. Add snap peas and cook 30 seconds. Add spinach and basil and stir once to wilt. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain.
- Add cream to pot and heat over medium-high until bubbling. Return pasta mixture and 1/4 cup pasta water to pot and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan. If necessary, add remaining pasta water to create a light sauce that coats pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
Cooking the vegetables along with the pasta makes for easy cleanup.