Photography: Johnny Miller
Everyday Food, May 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, white parts thinly sliced, green parts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 ounces frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine potato, bacon, and 1 cup water; bring to a boil over medium-high. Cover and cook until potato is tender when pierced with a knife and water is almost evaporated, 7 to 10 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potato begins to turn golden and bacon begins to render fat, about 3 minutes.
- Add scallion whites and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until scallion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add edamame and scallion greens and cook until warmed through, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.