- 8 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 large poblano chiles, halved, seeded, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch half-moons
- 2 cups corn (10 ounces), thawed if frozen
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cheddar or Colby, shredded (1/2 cup)
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Wrap tortillas in parchment-lined foil and warm in oven, 15 minutes. In a small pot, heat beans over low.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and chiles and cook until softened, 12 to 15 minutes. Add zucchini and cook until crisp-tender, 6 minutes. Add corn and cook until warmed through, 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Spread beans on tortillas and top with vegetables; serve with salsa, sour cream, cheese, and lime wedges.
If you like your Tex-Mex with extra heat, look for spicy refried beans--they often include some kind of chile.