The Ultimate Salad Mix with Carrot, Cucumber, and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Make your own convenient salad blend: Use 4 cups here, then store the rest.
Photography: Johnny Miller
Everyday Food, May 2012
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
For Salad Mix
- 1 head butter lettuce, such as Bibb or Boston, trimmed
- 1 head crisp, long-leaved lettuce, such as romaine, trimmed
- 1 head loose-leaved lettuce, such as red leaf, trimmed
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Make salad mix: Wash and dry lettuces and arugula. Tear into bite-size pieces. To store, refrigerate salad mix, wrapped in paper towels, in a zip-top bag, up to 4 days.
- To serve: Combine 4 cups salad mix, cucumber, and carrot; drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to combine.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.