- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced medium
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 pounds top round lamb roast, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Plain Greek yogurt and pitas, for serving
- Place bulgur in a medium bowl and add boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand, 20 minutes; drain. Stir in oil, lemon juice, tomatoes, scallions, mint, and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare lamb (or up to 3 days).
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high. Thread lamb onto eight skewers and season with salt, pepper, and coriander. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Grill kebabs, about 12 minutes for medium, turning occasionally. Serve with tabbouleh, yogurt, and pitas.
If you can boil water, you can make tabbouleh: The bulgur absorbs the hot water as it sits, creating an end result that's light, fluffy, and delicious.