Soft, Cheesy Polenta
Using quick-cooking polenta is a convenient shortcut. This makes a great accompaniment to Pork Chops with Roasted Peppers.
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Martha Stewart Living, May 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 6
- 2 quarts chicken broth or water
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 box (8.8 ounces) quick-cooking polenta (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Combine broth and salt, and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in polenta, changing to a wooden spoon as the mixture thickens, and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter and cheese, and season with pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.