Shredded and Sauteed Collard Greens
These are a perfect accompaniment to Pork Chops with Roasted Peppers.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2012
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 large bunch collard greens, cleaned, tough center ribs and stems removed (10 to 12 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Working with a few at a time, lay collard leaves in a stack. Roll them up like a cigar, and cut crosswise into thin shreds.
- Heat oil in a large skillet until very hot. Add collards, little by little, stirring in more as each handful wilts. Sprinkle with salt and red-pepper flakes. Saute collards, stirring, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.