Egg-and-Tomato Breakfast Sandwich To Go
This recipe calls for cheddar cheese, but you can switch in any favorite. Add a few strips of cooked bacon if you wish.
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Martha Stewart Living, May 2012
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
Yield Makes 1
- 1 piece (6 inches long) baguette
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large tomato slices
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut bread horizontally. Lightly toast in oven, cut sides up. Top with cheese (1 slice on each side), and continue to cook in oven until cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Meanwhile, fry eggs in butter; season with salt and pepper.
- Place eggs on bottom half of bread. Top with tomatoes and basil. Sandwich with top bread half, and press down slightly. Wrap tightly in parchment.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.