Asparagus and Avocado Salad
For more nutritional benefits, try seasonal asparagus raw, rather than roasting or steaming it. This vibrant green salad from Jim Lahey's cookbook "My Pizza" makes a perfect spring starter.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2012
- 4 or 5 thick asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 16 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, for serving
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the entire asparagus from bottom to top, reversing grip and rotating as necessary to shave as much as possible.
- Divide asparagus strips evenly among 4 salad plates. Cut each avocado half into 4 sections. Place 2 wedges on each salad plate. Sprinkle each plate with mint leaves and squeeze lime over salads. Drizzle with olive oil and season each with a pinch of salt; serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.